Water soluble complex polymers belong to a family of products that, due to their applications, cannot be made up by a single chemical component (such as e.g. CMC, etherified starches, a vegetable gum or a resin), but different components are combined in order to afford a synergistic effect, which in turn is necessary for satisfying the requirements of a specific application, impossible to attain by other means.
The peculiar chemical properties of each individual components have been designed in order to afford the best possible combinations needed for yielding the desired results. By such means, complex although particularly effective products are obtained such as, for instance, in warp sizing, according to different types of yarns or in bulk paper-stock, for surface treatment, or in coatings, where the base polymers often need to be supplemented with different products, such as synthetic polymers, anti-foams, preservatives, retention-aids, vegetable gums, etc.
It is obvious that the complexity of products and the attainment of evermore complex properties by clients, has encouraged Barzaghi to update its own expertise and technical knowledge of products and their applications in order to offer to the market products aimed at satisfying the most exacting and diverse requirements.
Selected Advantages of our polymers
Cellulose and other naturally occurring polymers that we produce are used in several applications and, in general, whenever the following requirements are needed:
- To thicken an aqueous system
- Bind diverse blends of powders being used in extrusion or synterization
- To enhance particular adhesion requirements in paper, paper boards, and textiles
- To enhance the coating properties and plasticity of inert charges, such as plasters, fillings, chalks, concretes and pigments in general
- To impart surface slippery properties
- To adsorb oils and fats
- To favour water retention and delay the drying process
- To favour the suspension of charges in water systems
- To stabilize emulsions
- To form fils with excellent plastic properties
- To form clear and stable gels