“Vesta Paint” is a special electrothermal water-based paint, that is heated when subjected to the passage of an electric energy and its use could find many uses, such as in the field of construction, agricultural and Medical.
Very important to know, this mixture does not emit electromagnetic waves.
It’s always increasing the demand for sustainable composition that can be able to conduct electricity and heat, typically to increase comfort in the housewives and professional activities.
This product is formulated to provide maximum energy savings and easy-use even in synergy with renewable energy sources.
Following the fossil fuels saving policies, our laboratory has researched solutions to reduce heat loss and to optimize resources in direct contact with the area where you want to be sure of a certain temperature.
Furthermore, the new lighting findings and with the increasing use of LED lights, which require limited power and high versatility, the request of surfaces with excellent characteristics of electrical conductivity, for a connection simple and stable , has become much stronger.
The purpose of “Vesta Paint” is obtain a composition made of electrically and thermally conductive, usable in many fields of application, possibly also on building components already existing.
In order that “Vesta Paint” can conduct heat and electricity, it’s necessary the presence of electrical contacts to connect it to a power source, even at low voltage.
“Vesta Paint” has the consistency of a normal paint, with excellent thixotropic property able to adhering on many materials, while maintaining water resistance and flexibility.
With appropriate safety devices, you can connect the treated surfaces with “Vesta Paint” to 220 volts A/C.
This paint is able to ensure the necessary surfaces adherence, ensuring heat with excellent yield performance and heating terms, as well as for ecological responses, economy and energy saving, due to the direct and homogeneous heating of a whole surface, compared to wire conductor or traditional piping.
The electrical voltage is transmitted to the paint through metal contacts, stainless steel preferably, arranged in parallel and very well fixed to the surface.
This paint and its electrical contacts, can be protected with coatings, solvent-paint, insulating enamels, silicone substances, fillers and other non-conductive materials, without particular limitations.
The heat homogeneity which develops directly on the surface, is the first saving energy reason and maximum yield compared to traditional systems.
“Vesta Paint” has been designed in different versions:
- electro-conductive and heater
- electro-conductive, heater and magnetic
- electro-conductive and magnetic
This latest version can be employed in artistic creation and housing design.
We imagines the realization of “Vesta Paint” treated wall or ceiling portion, where to apply magnetic LED points, to form nice games of light, writing or drawings.
These solutions could be useful also to ensure safety in small spaces, dim lighting, typically in public places or other areas where it’s necessary to indicate escape way without construction works or invasive structures.
About heating version, as all cases of voltage management, the temperature control to be obtained is adjusted by a potentiometer and its maintenance by a common thermal probe.
With “Vesta Paint”, our laboratory, has realized a valid method to get most homogeneous heat, on materials otherwise difficult to heat with traditional serpentine systems or similar methods.
Exemplary is the polystyrene case and plastics materials, such as polycarbonate.
It’s obvious that the use of heating coil would be impossible because the wire, placed on the surface, concentrates on it all the heat produced and, for this reason it would collapse into the material, instead, applying “Vesta Paint” you get an extended homogeneous heating surface with high-performance, almost reaching the maximum support temperature, without mergers.
- Application of “Vesta Paint” on a polystyrene panel, the applied paint layer is less than 1 tenth of a mm. Note: the steel electrodes arranged in parallel.
- Prototype of a heating vessel. It’s possible make small housewives greenhouses realizing “Vesta Paint” treated base areas and then covering with the common cylinder greenhouses, commercially available.
- Cellulose sheet treated with “Vesta Paint”.
Examples of applications
- Application on insulating panels such as polystyrene, where the heating effect is enhanced by the fact that the support is not heat restraining but it allows to spread it over the surface favoring the yield.
- Application on pipelines like cold insulator or to warm the liquids inside of it.
- Application on containers, such as tanks or bottles.
- Application on various kinds of panels such as polycarbonate, PVC, plastics, concrete, plasterboard, ceramics, pottery, glass, wood, leather, etc.
- Application on flexible material sheets, such as rubber, textiles, paper and card packaging.
- Application inside boxes and jars to donate and store heat.
- Application on polyester coats insulating, thereby reducing the cost of space heating and drastically limiting the mold onset risk.
- Application in agricultural field for the heating of greenhouses.
- Application in the field of road safety for the construction of docks, sidewalks, thresholds or portions of roadways that must be protected from the aggression of ice and snow.
It’s interesting the prospective of synergy between “Vesta Paint” and a source of renewable energy given by photovoltaic panels.